STRESS-RELATED BENEFITS FROM MEDITATION
Stress-related benefits of meditation:
- Decreases the production of stress hormones such as cortisol or adrenaline.
- Decreases hypertension.
- Lowers blood pressure where it remains high or average.
- Lowers cholesterol level when it is high.
- With improved breathing techniques and deep breathing during meditation, the oxygen circulation all over the body is more efficient, going a calming feeling.
- A landmark study by Massachusetts general hospital found that within weeks of starting regular meditation, people felt calmer. Laboratory tests confirmed that the areas of the brain associated with memory, empathy and stress regulation, showed a remarkable change towards betterment.
7. A priceless benefit of yoga is restful sleep.
- Meditation is the art of silencing the mind. When the mind is silent, concentration is deep. With adequate training, the peaceful mind can overcome all negativity, fear and distrust the basic causes of stress.